This June, can you do something wild every day for a month?
No matter where you are or how busy your life, make this the month when you do something wild every day – and let us motivate you!
When you sign up to our challenge, we’ll send you a pack full of encouragement, ideas and Random Acts of Wildness. You’ll also receive a funky wallchart to track your progress, a wild badge, and regular blasts of inspiration straight to your inbox to help you make nature part of your life.
SIGN UP TO THE CHALLENGE - it’s time to make nature part of your life!
Here are some random acts of wildness to get you started!
- Share a close encounter with your favourite wild animal - we've got lots of great local events where you can get up close with birds, butterflies, bats and marine creatures.
- Find and snap a pic of colours in the wild - snap a pic of something blue like a holly blue butterfly or blue tit, share it on social media and bring a little colour to someone's life.
- Explore somewhere wild nearby that you've never been before - we've got 18 wonderful nature reserves just waiting for you to explore across Northern Ireland, from ancient woodlands and wonderful wetlands to magnificent meadows.
- Plant a mini wildflower meadow - you'll get to enjoy colourful flowers as well as butterflies and bees. Check out our wildlife gardening guides to help get started.
- Workout by volunteering in the wild - rather than going to the gym, workout by volunteering on our nature reserves; it's fun and social, and you'll burn those calories!
- Survey widlife and take part in a citizen science project - we are currently seeking sightings of barn owls across Northern Ireland and volunteers to help with our summer survey to help secure the future of this iconic bird.
- Prepare a picnic for garden birds - try fruit, nuts, mealworms and cheese and see which food they like to eat/. You could even make a bird cake
There’s more inspiration on our dedicated website www.mywildlife.org.uk/30dayswild with 101 ideas waiting to be explored.
Watch our 30 Days Wild Film for ideas and inspiration