Have you ever seen a barn owl? Here in Northern Ireland? Chances are the answer is 'no'.
Barn owls are in serious trouble in Northern Ireland, mainly due to agricultural intensification and habitat loss. We are working to help barn owls thrive by collecting sightings of this precious species, which enables us to focus our conservation efforts where they are best needed - installing nest boxes and improving foraging habitat around suitable sites. With fewer than 50 breeding pairs of barn owls left here, we urgently need your support to continue this vital work or we risk losing this much-loved bird forever.
Could you and your team raise at least £500 for barn owls?
Thanks to National Lottery Heritage Funding, our barn conservation work was supported from 2013-2016, but we now need to raise at least £20,000 a year to keep this work going. So far, this year, we have raised £4,000 and we now need your help as a local business.
If you can help barn owls, in return, Ulster Wildlife can provide you with some fantastic benefits including:
- Coming along to your business and delivering a short barn owl information session to your staff, which will include a visit from an actual barn owl (with selfie opportunities!).
- If a visit doesn’t suit your business, what about getting your business’s name on a barn owl nest box, with selected staff being invited to watch the installation and have a short talk?
- Providing you with lots of posters, video, leaflets, info sheets and magazines to inform staff about this iconic species.
- Emailing you with quarterly updates on how the barn owl campaign is progressing and the difference your support is making.
- Supporting you with PR and media benefits including cheque hand-over PR & press release, social media features and listings in our Irish Hare magazine (dist. 13,000+ members across NI).
- Best of all, you will be protecting local wildlife and building employee engagement through fundraising for an incredibly important, local cause.
Could you help this precious species? Get in touch
Please get in touch with Vickie on 028 90 463 108 to chat about fundraising for barn owls or email Vickie and she will get back to you.
The theme of World Earth Day on 22nd April 2019 is “Protect Our Species”, what a great way of showing your support for local biodiversity by launching a fundraising campaign to help barn owls!