Nature Reserves Volunteer
028 9046 3114
- Assisting with a wide range of practical conservation tasks e.g. path maintenance, scrub clearance, meadow cutting, hedgerow maintenance, litter lifting, fencing repair and controlling invasive species.
- Assisting with botanical and biological monitoring on the nature reserves.
- Assisting with tool and vehicle maintenance.
- Assisting with site and boundary checks on nature reserves.
- No previous experience is required, although a basic knowledge and interest in nature conservation is helpful
- Reliability – this is important to ensure the smooth running of the nature reserves team
- Good communication – important to contact supervisors if circumstances change
- Volunteers must have a reasonable level of fitness and enjoy working outdoors.
The Reserves Team work Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. If travelling with the team in the reserves vehicles from our Belfast office, volunteers will have to do a full day. If meeting us at a nature reserve close to you, volunteers can help out for a full day or half day.